Friday, February 13, 2009

Beginner's Meditation


As part of my commitment to not only eat and live healthier I also wanted to grow spiritually and mentally. So I have decided to start trying to meditate. I have been practicing yoga for a few years now but have never really tried meditation. I know it seems like they go hand in hand, but I have a hard time just sitting down and meditating, the movement of yoga has always seemed to more effectively quite my brain.

I have been reading a lot about the benefits of meditation.

  • Reduces Stress
  • Lowers Blood Pressure
  • Can Lower Cholesterol
  • Can Aid in the Treatment of Depression
  • and the list goes on and on...
So I thought I should give it another shot.

So I can across this site, www.learningmediation.com.
It basically just talks about incorporating mediation into your everyday life (and you don't have to be some new age hippie to try it). The greatest part of this site is in the mediation room. They actually have guided mediations that you can download. I tried a few and actually enjoyed them! I think that will try and make this a daily habit, maybe something to do in the morning to start my day out right.

I would love to hear your opinions and your experiences and how you incorporate meditation into your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment