Monday, February 9, 2009

Clean Eating

Okay so you have seen me talk about clean eating, but what does that really mean...?

Clean Eating is basically trying as best you can (and it is really hard) to eat whole foods that are minimally processed. It is trying to avoid things like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or ingredients on the side of the package that you can't even pronounce the name.

What is the point though, why eat clean, as opposed to eating low-carb, or low-fat or some other diet regimen? Well first of all I feel really good when I eat this way! Secondly, it really helps out on getting your daily fruits and veggies intake, and also I subscribe to the general philosophy that foods in their whole form are better for you than processed ones, no matter the calorie count. I think if you try to cut out some processed foods you will see the difference too.

1 comments:

Raquel said...

If you're really into the natural food thing I suggest reading Kimberly Snyder's blog, www.kimberlysnyder.net. She's a hardcore raw foodist, which isn't for everyone (definitely not me!), but she offers good insight into the value of natural food and living a healthy lifestyle. Some of it's a little out there, but it's definitely thought-provoking!

PS - I found your blog through FitSugar, in case you were wondering!

Post a Comment