Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Biggest Loser Couch Potato Workout


So I love the Biggest Loser! I do think the weekly weight loss is unrealistic, but I find watching the contestants work so hard to be completely motivating. My one problem is that the show is two hours long and by the time I'm done watching it with my mom I'm too tired to go to the gym and workout.

I have come up with a solution to put the motivating aspect of the show to good use and get a workout in while watching. It is pretty easy during the commercials, and there are a lot of them, I do little mini workouts! I try to incorporate a lower body, upper body, core and cardio move into each commercial. Here is an example of a couple of mini sets, all without weights so that you can do them anywhere.

Biggest Loser Couch Potato Workout

Commercial Break #1
  • Burpees
  • Plie Lunges
  • Push-ups
  • Bicycle Crunches
Commercial Break #2
  • Squat Jumps
  • Reverse Lunges
  • Tricep Dips
  • Plank
Commercial Break #3
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Supermans
  • Squats w/ Front Kicks
  • Reverse Crunches
I usually just keep repeating these until I'm out of commercial breaks, but you can throw together whatever strength moves you like as long as you get up and move.

0 comments:

Post a Comment